cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Deeplinking (1 App to other App) how to sort out transition time visibility for user experience point of view

Hello Techies,

I have done deeplinking from 1 PowerApp to other App.

My 1st app has blue theme and 2nd App has orange theme. When I redirect to other App and come back it is quite fast but still I can see a glance of Blue and Orange screen.

This is not good from User experience point of view.

Please can you guide me to overcome it (effortless transition from 1 App to other).

One option I see it as put loading icon. Please can you provide some helpful link/formula.

Thanks you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Deeplinking (1 App to other App) how to sort out transition time visibility for user experience point of view

@tanvis2011 

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as seamless transition between apps at this point.  You can suggest it in the Ideas forums as a feature request.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Deeplinking (1 App to other App) how to sort out transition time visibility for user experience point of view

@tanvis2011 
Yes, I have an idea: you should create a 'pre-loader' to hide the screen while loading.

As an example, you can create a label in both of your apps with these properties.  Make sure it is placed on top of all other controls in the left side menu.

Fill: LightGray
Height: App.Height
Width: App.Width

Put this variable in the Visible property.  Don't worry if there is an error.  We will address that shortly.

Visible: isLoading

Put this code in the OnSelect of the button just before the deep link is triggered in App1

Set(isLoading, true)

Use this code in the OnStart property of App2.

Set(isLoading, true)

Then, put this code in the OnVisible property of the deeplinked screen in App2

Set(isLoading, false)

Now the preloading screen will cover the app until the deep link is complete.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@tanvis2011 
Did I answer you question?

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @tanvis2011,

If you found the info sent so far useful and you managed to solve your request, please update here and press on Accept as solution.

This will help future customers in finding the solution to the same issue.

Thank you,

Ovidiu Bordea

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No. We are looking for some other kind of solution.

I think this is under development by Powerplatform team, if we can use the white background instead.

Second, I occurred the limitation that if we remove the names of PowerApps while launching deeplink then in desktop no name is visible but in ipad and mobile it shows the app name on launch (to and fro) so I have not achieved the seamless deeplink transition from 1 app to other.

Super User
Super User

@tanvis2011 

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as seamless transition between apps at this point.  You can suggest it in the Ideas forums as a feature request.

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,366)