cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Default Combo Box not retrieving prior entry

I can't seem to get the below fields to pre-populate with how they were originally filled out. The defaults just arent working. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

They are searching and filtering on the employee name however I'm sending the employee ID back to the entity. The default should take the employee ID from the entity to translate that to the Employee Name (using the USID and Employee Name columns from PS_Emp CDS Entity) - which is where I think I'm going wrong.

Updates & creates rows in the CDS Entity: PS_PAF_BidPro

Form1

Card: Proposal_Manager_DataCard3

Allowed Values: DataSourceInfo(PS_PAF_BidPros, DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues, "crf02_proposalmanager")

Update: PropMgr_ComboBox.Selected.USID

Combo Box: PropMgr_ComboBox

DisplayFields & SearchFields: ["crf02_employeename"]

Items: Sort(Filter(PS_Emps, 'ECS ICS' = "ECS" And Title <> "Associate" And Title <> "CHAMP" And Title <> "Non Exempt Professional"), 'Employee Name')

Default: {Result: LookUp(PS_PAF_BidPros,ID_BidPro = varRecord.ID_BidPro, 'Proposal Manager')}

DefaultSelectedItems: {Result: LookUp(PS_PAF_BidPros,ID_BidPro = varRecord.ID_BidPro, 'Proposal Manager')}

Card: Proposal_Partner_DataCard2

Allowed Values: DataSourceInfo(PS_PAF_BidPros, DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues, "crf02_proposal_partner")

Update: PropPartner_ComboBox.Selected.USID

Combo Box: PropPartner_ComboBox

DisplayFields & SearchFields: ["crf02_employeename"]

Items: Sort(Filter(PS_Emps, Title = "Partner" Or Title = "Managing Director"),'Employee Name')

Default: {Result: LookUp(PS_PAF_BidPros,Proposal_Partner = ThisItem.Proposal_Partner, Proposal_Partner)}

DefaultSelectedItems: {Result: Proposal_Partner = ThisItem.Proposal_Partner}

For Both:

Reset = false

IsSearchable = true

SelectMultiple = false

OnSelect = false

OnChange = false

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Default Combo Box not retrieving prior entry

Hi@TesDA,

Based on the issue you mentioned, you want to get the below fields to pre-populate with how they were originally filled out.

Based on the formula you provided, there is something wrong with your formula syntax.

The data source of the Items & DefaultSelectedItems must be consistent. Based on your needs, you want to connect to the PS_PAF_BidPro.

Please try to modify your formula like this:

{Result: LookUp(Sort(Filter(PS_Emps, Title = "Partner" Or Title = "Managing Director"),'Employee Name'),Proposal_Partner = ThisItem.Proposal_Partner, Proposal_Partner)}

If there is any problem, please contact me at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Qi Qiao

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Default Combo Box not retrieving prior entry

Hi, @v-qiaqi-msft 

It is still not working. Here is what I changed:

PropMgr_ComboBox:

Default:

{Result: LookUp(Sort(Filter(PS_Emps, Title = "Partner" Or Title = "Managing Director"),'Employee Name'),'Proposal Manager' = ThisItem.'Proposal Manager', 'Proposal Manager')}

DefaultSelectedItems:

{Result: LookUp(Sort(Filter(PS_Emps, Title = "Partner" Or Title = "Managing Director"),'Employee Name'),'Proposal Manager' = ThisItem.'Proposal Manager', 'Proposal Manager')}

PropPartner_ComboBox:

Default:

{Result: LookUp(Sort(Filter(PS_Emps, Title = "Partner" Or Title = "Managing Director"),'Employee Name'),Proposal_Partner = ThisItem.Proposal_Partner, Proposal_Partner)}

DefaultSelectedItems:

Let me know if I can show you anything else that would be helpful. Appreciate you looking into this one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,103)