cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Default Date and Restricted Time Limit

Hello all,

I'm building an application in which I want the datepicker to pick Every week Saturday as it's default date. My 2nd query is I want to restrict the user to update the data in a given time limit.
For eg: I want to user to enter the data between 9 am to 9 pm PST time only. If the user try to after that then it show an error.

Please help!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Default Date and Restricted Time Limit

For your date I believe the following will default to the upcoming Saturday for you (it was designed for the following Monday, thus the -2 at the end):

Today() + 7 - Weekday(Today(), MondayZero-2)

and on the submit button use something like:

If(Or(Hour(Now())<9,Hour(Now())>21),Notify("True",NotificationType.Error),SubmitForm(Form))

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Kidvallejo,

Thank so much for the solutions, can you please explain me the second formula:

If(Or(Hour(Now())<9,Hour(Now())>21),Notify("True",NotificationType.Error),SubmitForm(Form))

Which time zone does it follow, as I want to follow PST Time Zone and I want to restrict the user to update the data between (7 am to 7 pm PST)

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

For the time portion you can also just modify the HourValue in the dropdown that allows them to select the Hour. Go to the Items of it and remove 01,02,03,04,05,06,07 and 22, 23...maybe 00 also and default it to 09 ( I remove the 00 sometimes)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,395)