Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pokhani
Super User
Super User

Default cannot be converted to number

hi Expert, 

after recent update on 365, there is an error in default portion. 

pokhani_0-1652797319967.pngpokhani_1-1652797363272.png

previously it was working fine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pokhani 

Correct, but that is a different point.  

What I mean by the main goal is from the field perspective.  If the field is empty (i.e. a new form), then it gets assigned the next id.

Are you dealing with editing records (not creating new) that will have NO id in them?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pokhani 

What type of column are you working with?

In general though, your formula should be: Coalesce(ThisItem.yourColumnName, Last(Forecast).UniqueID+1)

This assumes that your column is a numeric column.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

hi 

Thank you for the reply. but what about the if condition. 

pokhani_0-1652799570370.png

regards

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pokhani 

The if condition is most likely not needed.  Isn't your ultimate goal to provide a value if there is no value (i.e. a New Form)?  If so, then the only formula you need is: Coalesce(ThisItem.UniqueID, Last(Forecast).UniqueID+1)

no the ultimate goal is to increase the uniqueid column with +1 if its new request. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pokhani 

Correct, but that is a different point.  

What I mean by the main goal is from the field perspective.  If the field is empty (i.e. a new form), then it gets assigned the next id.

Are you dealing with editing records (not creating new) that will have NO id in them?

yeah i got it, i fixed it, adding parent.default 

and in update adding value

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (366)