Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pokhani
Helper III
Helper III

Default cannot be converted to number

hi Expert, 

after recent update on 365, there is an error in default portion. 

pokhani_0-1652797319967.pngpokhani_1-1652797363272.png

previously it was working fine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pokhani 

Correct, but that is a different point.  

What I mean by the main goal is from the field perspective.  If the field is empty (i.e. a new form), then it gets assigned the next id.

Are you dealing with editing records (not creating new) that will have NO id in them?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pokhani 

What type of column are you working with?

In general though, your formula should be: Coalesce(ThisItem.yourColumnName, Last(Forecast).UniqueID+1)

This assumes that your column is a numeric column.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

hi 

Thank you for the reply. but what about the if condition. 

pokhani_0-1652799570370.png

regards

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pokhani 

The if condition is most likely not needed.  Isn't your ultimate goal to provide a value if there is no value (i.e. a New Form)?  If so, then the only formula you need is: Coalesce(ThisItem.UniqueID, Last(Forecast).UniqueID+1)

no the ultimate goal is to increase the uniqueid column with +1 if its new request. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pokhani 

Correct, but that is a different point.  

What I mean by the main goal is from the field perspective.  If the field is empty (i.e. a new form), then it gets assigned the next id.

Are you dealing with editing records (not creating new) that will have NO id in them?

yeah i got it, i fixed it, adding parent.default 

and in update adding value

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,042)