cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Default edit form based on previous submission

I have a form and then another button to edit the form. The edit form button takes the user to a gallery populated only by their form submission. When they click the record I want the dropdowns to be defaulted to what they chose when they submitted the form. This is what I have so far for the datacard default LookUp(Freeform, 'User Retest' = varRecord.ID). The form has an item called varRecord, how can I use varRecord or the ID column to acheive this. I want to put the user retest dropdown response to be populated in the edit form. 

14 REPLIES 14

It is text @RandyHayes 

@powerapps890 

Hmmm, then where are you seeing the expected table value error?  I'm a little confused.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Now it says expected record value @RandyHayes 

@powerapps890 

What I have gathered:

1) Your underlying column is a Text column

2) Your Items on the ComboBox are set to  ["CS", "In-Vitro", "In-Vivo"]

You should then have the following set:

1) Your DataCard Default property should be : ThisItem.yourColumnName (replace yourColumnName with the name of your column)

2) Your ComboBox DefaultSelectedItems property should be set to: {Value: Parent.Default}

3) Your DataCard Update property should be set to: yourComboboxName.Selected.Value (replace with combobox name)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

@powerapps890 

By the way...in the future, to do this type of a datacard, simply change its control type in the EditForm field definitions to "Allowed Values".  Then adjust the AllowedValues property of the DataCard to be your items -  ["CS", "In-Vitro", "In-Vivo"]

PowerApps will do all the rest of the work for you...no other adjustment is needed.'

Screenshot 2020-10-22 133341.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,465)