Did you mean: 
PowerAppsUser4
Frequent Visitor

Default field from collection to newform

Hi,

I have 2 sharepoint lists:

1) Tasks - where I store all tasks

2) Time register - where i register time I spent for tasks

I have a button that allows me to open new form of Time register(2) list from Task list (1)

EditForm(Time_register);;Navigate(time_reg; ScreenTransition.None);;ClearCollect(Dane; {ID: ThisItem.Identyfikator};{temat: ThisItem.'Nazwa zadania'})

As you can see I'm collecting 2 things from the task list: ID and topic. I would like to have these 2 filled in my just opened EditForm(Time_register) so I don't have to remember it.  But I can't set default values from collection. 

Could you please help me with that?

Best regards,

jeyjey

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you set the default to First(collection).ID and First(collection).Topic?

Thanks, that solved the problem of topic. (I was trying to use First(collection.topic).. my bad)

ID field is a dropdown list - and when I try tos et it defoult as: First(collection).ID it says:  "expected record value"

Anonymous
Not applicable

It that case could you set the default to dropdown.selected.ID?

Hi,

Turned out it is combo field.

And there is a "DefaultSelectedItem" - that should be used instead of "Default" 

I managed to find DefaultSelectedItems - and set it to First(data).ID. 

But then it said: Expected table value. So I created this weird "1 record table":

Table({Value:First(Dane).ID})

And now it works fine! 🙂 Thanks for your time!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,537)