Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jed76
Post Patron
Post Patron

Default for Combobox?

Hi

I am trying to set the default or defaultselecteditems of a Combo Box to a text column in my SP list but I keep getting an error. I have a text column in the list which stores values from a collection inside the Combobox, but I am unable to set the default value. I think it ie because the SP column is a text column? I have tried person columns and choices columns which works, but this is causing me issues elsewhere so I want to use a simple text column on the list.

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

You can try setting default to a Lookup(...) formula against the collection used for your combobox.

LookUp( myColl, Id = textbox.Text )

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,126)