cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Default user for Office365Users.SearchUser search

In my app I'm searching for users within my org based on text from a label in my app. If there is no text in label it defaults to a user and I want to be able to control which user it defaults to.

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:SMEHiddenKey.Text, top:1})

SMEHiddenKey is the label that is being searched.

Any thoughts on how to change the default?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Default user for Office365Users.SearchUser search

Hi @UnitedLexAdmin ,

Use If(!IsBlank(SMEHiddenKey.Text),Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:SMEHiddenKey.Text,top:1})) as Items Property for your gallery

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @UnitedLexAdmin 

Add an if statement to check if the label is blank, if yes do not query search users

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks, @RezaDorrani .

I'm fairly new to this and I'm having a hard time creating the statement. This is what I got so far:

If(IsBlank(SMEHiddenKey), Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:SMEHiddenKey.Text, top:1}))

This is throwing all sorts of errors, so I'm sure I'm messing something up.

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@UnitedLexAdmin 

Do not worry, PowerApps is fun and easy

Assuming you are using this formula on the Text property of a Label control, then the below should work

If(IsBlank(SMEHiddenKey.Text),"",First(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:SMEHiddenKey.Text,top:1})).DisplayName)

If you are using this formula on some other control property, please let me know

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@RezaDorrani  Thanks for helping out. I'm using this in a gallery under the Items property. I tried your formula and there is an error.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @UnitedLexAdmin ,

Use If(!IsBlank(SMEHiddenKey.Text),Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:SMEHiddenKey.Text,top:1})) as Items Property for your gallery

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

thank you, 

this little hint just gave me a good boost in my own little project!

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hello! Quick question. I'm doing something similar and wondering what is it inside the parentheses of your search term. Is that the group of O365 Users you're trying to pull from?

I am trying to use a combo-box to create a People-Picker from a specific group using O365 Users as a connector. 

If the group of users in my O365 Users is called "testGroup" , AND my combo-box for my people-picker is called "testComboBox" , would this be the correct syntax for code? There are no errors when I input this code, but the combo-box isn't pulling up any results in my form. Thank you!

Sort(
    Office365Users.SearchUser(
        If(
            IsBlank(testComboBox.SearchText),
            {searchTerm: "testGroup"},
            {searchTerm: testComboBox.SearchText}
        )
    ),
    Surname
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,700)