Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OliverV
Helper I
Helper I

Default value for CDS submit form not working when submitting

Hi all,

I'm facing a strange issue. I'm having a CDS where i want to submit in one shot let's say 5 forms (5 days)

The forms have the following data cards:

date: Date picker

Employee status:  Items -> Choices('Employee Status')-----> Combo Box

Start time:  Items -> Choices(Times)-----> Combo Box

End Time:  Items -> Choices(Times)-----> Combo Box

Comment: Text box

in order to have a quick update for the 5 days, i've created the same elements but those are not part of a form:

MassStatus: dropdown --> Items -> Choices('Employee Status')

MassStart: dropdown --> Items -> Choices(Times)

MassEnd: dropdown --> Items -> Choices(Times)

MassComm: text box

For having this "Mass update function" I've set up the Submit forms datacards values as follows:

Date:  Default selected date = LookUp(WeekDetails,DayNumber=2,Date)  (this is a collection created by a dropdown change, that contains the dates of a specific week)

Employee status:  DefaultSelectedItems (and also the default) = MassStatus.SelectedText

Start time: DefaultSelectedItems (and also the default) = MassStart.SelectedText

End Time: DefaultSelectedItems (and also the default) = MassEnd.SelectedText

Comment: default = MassComm.Text

And here comes the problem:

When i change the values on the Mass update items, i can clearly see that all of the form objects, selection change accordingly (as ia wanted).

BUT when i submit the forms, in the CDS i see the proper data only for the Date and the Comment,

for the combo box type fields the data doesn't submit correctly...... I went 1 by 1 on each submit form, and when i select the combo boxes values manually an i submit is fine.....

Anyone any idea???

Thank you in advance,

Oliver

7 REPLIES 7
OliverV
Helper I
Helper I

Any idea? @WarrenBelz @mdevaney 

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @OliverV ,

I am not a CDS user, but what are the Update properties of the relevant Data Cards?

Hell Warren,

It was the datacardX.selected.value,  now i've tried to add to the update property also the "variable" of the drop dropdown and now i submitting properly that one, but if i change on the form the selection, now is not submitting the data selected on the form, only the one from the "mass update" (precisely the opposite of the previous problem).

I've run a test and found a workaround in the meantime:

Seems that the issue is only with the combo box, if i change every combobox on the form, to dropdowns, and set it up as my first "concept/idea" works perfectly, so in reality i solved my problem, but I'm still interested in why the comboboxes are causing this problem.

Hi @OliverV ,

You can also put this in the Update

{Value:YourControlName.Selected.Value}

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @OliverV ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @warren,

I was deeeeeply implementing and testing the dev. Unfortunately your suggestions didn't work 😕 this seems like a bug, because as i mentioned before, by changing the control object from combobox to dropdown, everything works perfectly (this is what i did across the app).

I keep the thread open for another couple of days, let's see if someone from MS can clarify the situation, whether is a bug or I'm dumb 😄

But  Kudos of course are going to you, you are always the most helpful 🙂

Cheers!

Oliver

Aways a pleasure @OliverV ,

Interesting that drop-downs work. They are a far less complex control, so I think you are right with the bug issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,992)