Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Default value for number field will always be = 1

I have a numeric field and i want to set its default value =1

so i define the following:-

dr.png

but currently when i edit any item even if its value != 1.. the RiskInternlStage will always be equal to 1.. any advice?

11 REPLIES 11
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

HI @johnjohn123 ,

Do you want it to equal 1 always or only if the field RIskInternalStage is blank (which is what it is set to now)?

johnjohn123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@WarrenBelzi want to set it to 1 if the value is null,, otherwise to show the actual value (2, 3 or 4 ,etc..).. currently i will always get 1 even if i enter 2 and save the value >> when i edit the item again i will get 1!!

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@johnjohn123 

How are you submitting your form?

What is the Default property on DataCardValue16?

Is RiskInternalStage a numeric column or a text column in your datasource?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

@RandyHayes  DataCardValue16 is a numeric field inside sharepoint

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@johnjohn123 

That's 1 out of 3.  The remaining:

- How are you submitting your form?

- What is the Default property on DataCardValue16?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

- How are you submitting your form?

using the build in save button and save the change to sharepoint..

-- What is the Default property on DataCardValue16?

i am setting its default value .. currently the default value will be 1

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@johnjohn123 

I need to know formulas!  I am assuming then from the first part, this is a SharePoint integration and you are letting the Save button fire the OnSave of the integration and in there you have a SubmitForm.

For the DataCardValue16 what is the formula on the Default property?

johnjohn123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@RandyHayesi already provided the formula inside the question inside the screen shot.

Thanks

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@johnjohn123 

Thanks, but that is the formula on the Default property of the DataCard, not of DataCardValue16.  It may not be of any issue, but I need to know in order to verify.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,639)