cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Default value for toggle showing warning

Good day,

I am having issues with the default value of my toggle button.

I set the default value of my toggle button to:

If(!IsBlank(Parent.Default), Parent.Default, false)

But when I put that code on the default of the toggle button, a warning shows on it and says:

Warning: Expecting a true or false value. The current value may cause unexpected behavior.

Is there a better approach on this one? Because the Parent.Default value is being used for the offline data handling.

Thanks!

K.D.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

It might be due to the Parent.Defualt is a generic function and it is unable to read it. Try specifying the value of the toggle 

Super User III
Super User III

@fpc-kdrosario 

This would be occurring because you are mismatching your returns.

Assuming that the Parent is connected to a column in your datasource that is a true or false (yes/no) type, then you can consider changing your formula to the following:

Coalesce(Parent.Default, false)

If your Parent column is NOT a true false type, then you will only be able to do something like:

!IsBlank(Parent.Default)

If you have some other scenario for the parent column, post back and we can take a look at the scenario.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (49,730)