Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corissandageri
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

DefaultSelectedItems not submitting

Hi all

In my combobox in my form while in Edit mode,I tried this LookUp('App Functions',Functions.Value = GalleryFunction.Selected.Title) which doesn't give errors, but it does not set the DefaultSelectedItems either. Functions is a lookup column, whereas GalleryFunction.Selected.Title is sourcing from the actual list that has the data.

Data source is Sharepoint list.

The objective is when I select a record in  the GalFunctionSelect gallery that I navigate to my form to enter a new record, but that my combobox is preselected, and when I hit submit button that it saves the default selected item along with the other fields that I  have filled out to my Sharepoint list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Corissandageri ,

As the Functions is a lookup column, the combobox Items property should look like:

Choices([@'App Function'].Functions) 

What you provide as DefaultSelectedItem to the same combobox control is an entire row from 'App Functions' that is not quite similar with the Items provided. 

Your problem will be solved, if you use the following:

LookUp(Choices([@'App Function'].Functions),Value=GalleryFunction.Selected.Title)

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Corissandageri ,

As the Functions is a lookup column, the combobox Items property should look like:

Choices([@'App Function'].Functions) 

What you provide as DefaultSelectedItem to the same combobox control is an entire row from 'App Functions' that is not quite similar with the Items provided. 

Your problem will be solved, if you use the following:

LookUp(Choices([@'App Function'].Functions),Value=GalleryFunction.Selected.Title)

Hope it helps !

Hi gabibalaban

This works perfectly, now that I know, it seems obvious. Thank you for your time.

But are you not missing the true/false statement ? mine does not work

What is your scenario?

Have one list called case

Have another list called items

In the items list is a lookup column to the case list, which is an ID column. 

I need to use the ID of the case to match the items in the items list, therefore, every time I make a new Item, it should use the ID from the selected case in a gallery. 

My app has two SP list. In the first list, when a record is generated, the ID column is a ID column, then in my second list the ID column is a lookup to the first list.

It is the same in my case with the two list, where one has the ID and the other one looks up the ID. However

It states 11, but not display in the combobox 

JHS2020_0-1656566417411.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,939)