cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Defect when using a FTP Flow in a PowerApp: each user is asked for the FTP server settings

We are creating an app that relies on a Flow to send an XML file to a FTP server for signature with a private key.
Problem si that when regular users open the app, PowerApp request them to "Sign in" for the FTP connector and that means to enter the FTP server details when those are defined during the Flow definition!
Visibly a big defect.
2 Questions:
- To Microsoft: when can that defect be fixed?
- To All fellow developers: anybody has an idea on another way to send efficiently some files from Powerapp app to a remote Windows Server file directory (also on Azure)? Thank you!

Jeff

11 REPLIES 11

For something as basic as email sending from a service account I also had to rely on a quick & dirty solution where a record is created in an Azure SQL table scanned by a service in .Net that fetch the record and sends the email. Tell me about a kludge, just to send an email from PowerApps...

We also regularly see some SQL data source connection failure with the top red bar, then you try the next day and the app works well.

PowerApp is still not fully baked, 3 years after its launch. I hope they finish it soon, the concept is great, the execution poor, the support inexistent.

What kind of SQL issues? I’ve had pretty good success with PowerApps calling stored procedures to Azure SQL DB. The Flows are a bit of a pain but I’ve not experienced intermittent connections like you describe? Be happy to help if I can share what we’ve done.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (75,950)