cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveFeldman
Helper I
Helper I

Define default values for common properties

I'm looking for a technique to change the default color and border properties of controls when they are created.  Templates provide preset controls, but do not alter PowerApps defaults for new controls.   The same can be said for using dynamic properties.

We are looking for a method for developers to build canvas apps without having to spend time changing properties of data cards, galleries, and other text/input controls.

4 REPLIES 4
BrianS
Super User
Super User

You can create custom themes - check this out

BrianS
Super User
Super User

Sorry - that was the wrong link. This one lets you define the colors for each control

SteveFeldman
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Brian.  I discovered the CoE Starter kit also has a theming solution.  Have you ever used it?  if so how does it compare to this ThemeEditor?

BrianS
Super User
Super User

I have not used that one - just the one I linked to. This one is missing a control object or 2 but other than that works well

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,985)