Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sam_Orbital
Frequent Visitor

Delay in Flows being updated

Hello,

Just having an issue and I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong or whether it's a bug or something in the system...

Whenever I create a new flow, or modify an existing one, I have to close down Power BI and Flow for about 30 minutes before it will entertain the idea of updating the list of flows available in my app... As I recall it used to be fairly slick, but now if I create a flow I have to close Powerapps and wait 30 minutes to integrate it into the app I am currently working on, then if I need to change the flow for some reason (perhaps because I've made a mistake), I have to close Powerapps and wait for another 30 minutes before I can see whether or not the changes I've made were successful (and even then I have to create a new button and physically click on the flow in the list before it will update the criteria for the button I've already created, which is another problem that I believe is being dealt with here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Unable-to-scroll-list-of-flows/m-p/235306)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Delay in Flows being updated

Hi @Sam_Orbital ,

According to your description, I have made the following test on my side.

Create a flow to create item in SharePoint list with a PowerApps button trigger. Specify two field as Ask in PowerApps first.

Then add the flow on a PowerApps button. Tigger the flow, it works fine.

Then I modify the flow by specifying another two fields as Ask in PowerApps. I found that without waiting for more than 30 minutes, just adding a new button to re-add the flow, all the updates will be there on the app.

Hope this could be a reference for you.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sam_Orbital ,

According to your description, I have made the following test on my side.

Create a flow to create item in SharePoint list with a PowerApps button trigger. Specify two field as Ask in PowerApps first.

Then add the flow on a PowerApps button. Tigger the flow, it works fine.

Then I modify the flow by specifying another two fields as Ask in PowerApps. I found that without waiting for more than 30 minutes, just adding a new button to re-add the flow, all the updates will be there on the app.

Hope this could be a reference for you.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Sam_Orbital
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply Mabel, it seems to be working now.

I was trying to do this when I posted originally, but it wasn't refreshing the code on the new button or the old one like it usually does. 

Working now though, I'm back to peak performance! Thank you! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,884)