cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Orbital
Level: Powered On

Delay in Flows being updated

Hello,

Just having an issue and I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong or whether it's a bug or something in the system...

Whenever I create a new flow, or modify an existing one, I have to close down Power BI and Flow for about 30 minutes before it will entertain the idea of updating the list of flows available in my app... As I recall it used to be fairly slick, but now if I create a flow I have to close Powerapps and wait 30 minutes to integrate it into the app I am currently working on, then if I need to change the flow for some reason (perhaps because I've made a mistake), I have to close Powerapps and wait for another 30 minutes before I can see whether or not the changes I've made were successful (and even then I have to create a new button and physically click on the flow in the list before it will update the criteria for the button I've already created, which is another problem that I believe is being dealt with here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Unable-to-scroll-list-of-flows/m-p/235306)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Delay in Flows being updated

Hi @Sam_Orbital ,

According to your description, I have made the following test on my side.

Create a flow to create item in SharePoint list with a PowerApps button trigger. Specify two field as Ask in PowerApps first.

Then add the flow on a PowerApps button. Tigger the flow, it works fine.

Then I modify the flow by specifying another two fields as Ask in PowerApps. I found that without waiting for more than 30 minutes, just adding a new button to re-add the flow, all the updates will be there on the app.

Hope this could be a reference for you.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Sam_Orbital ,

According to your description, I have made the following test on my side.

Create a flow to create item in SharePoint list with a PowerApps button trigger. Specify two field as Ask in PowerApps first.

Then add the flow on a PowerApps button. Tigger the flow, it works fine.

Then I modify the flow by specifying another two fields as Ask in PowerApps. I found that without waiting for more than 30 minutes, just adding a new button to re-add the flow, all the updates will be there on the app.

Hope this could be a reference for you.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sam_Orbital
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the reply Mabel, it seems to be working now.

I was trying to do this when I posted originally, but it wasn't refreshing the code on the new button or the old one like it usually does. 

Working now though, I'm back to peak performance! Thank you! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,323)