Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maorzd23
Helper II
Helper II

Delay navigate screen

HI,

Is it possible navigate to another screen in a few seconds delay?

By pressing the button I turn on flow and navigate to screen.
AvLicense.Run();
Navigate(Screen2, Fade)

On the screen I present the results of the flow in display form (the flow create a new item, so it takes a few seconds and the page that comes up does not update)
I could not find a solution to navigate to a page in delay.

Does anyone have an idea?

Many thanks in advance

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PK_Honghow can i set a context variable in START, i typed in {go:true} but it gives me an error "Expected boolean type"?

how to set context variable?

BR
Pitfrog

Anonymous
Not applicable

even in play mode this wont work for me. it only works when i first created the timer. after the first attempt the timer will start @martinav 

@Anonymous ,

You have to toggle reset back to false after you toggle it on with true.  The momentary setting to true will run the timer.  It wont run the second time if you dont turn it back to false.

leizhaoyn
Frequent Visitor

Saw this in @mrdang's article on how to return an array to Powerapps from Flow and there's a way to delay an operation until the Flow or whatever previous operation finishes:

Set(
    wait,
    true
);
ClearCollect(
    WHFilterResults,
    FilterTest.Run(0)
);
Set(
    wait,
    !true
);
Navigate(
    BrowseScreen,
    None
)

That's an example from a PA I have. This is tied ot a Button OnSelect, which then triggers a Flow to filter a Sharepoint document library and create a collection from it. By setting the "wait" variable to true, then setting it false after the collection gets created, it delays the Navigate accordingly. This then, takes the user to the BrowseScreen only after contents are populated there.

haniel
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

An alternative to using timers is having the flow return something to the PowerApp.  This way, the app will call your flow and wait until a result is returned before proceeding to the next operation.

Inside your flow, use either the Response or Respond to PowerApp actions.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar situation, so I updated my flow to send a response back to the PowerApp either Success / Error in my case...

Then I loaded the Flow Response into a variable, Global or Context and had an If / Switch statement updates my user screen/navigation based on the results of the response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,632)