cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pitfrog1
Level: Powered On

Re: Delay navigate screen

@PK_Honghow can i set a context variable in START, i typed in {go:true} but it gives me an error "Expected boolean type"?

how to set context variable?

BR
Pitfrog

Pitfrog1

even in play mode this wont work for me. it only works when i first created the timer. after the first attempt the timer will start @martinav 

Super User
Super User

@Pitfrog1 ,

You have to toggle reset back to false after you toggle it on with true.  The momentary setting to true will run the timer.  It wont run the second time if you dont turn it back to false.

leizhaoyn

Saw this in @mrdang's article on how to return an array to Powerapps from Flow and there's a way to delay an operation until the Flow or whatever previous operation finishes:

Set(
    wait,
    true
);
ClearCollect(
    WHFilterResults,
    FilterTest.Run(0)
);
Set(
    wait,
    !true
);
Navigate(
    BrowseScreen,
    None
)

That's an example from a PA I have. This is tied ot a Button OnSelect, which then triggers a Flow to filter a Sharepoint document library and create a collection from it. By setting the "wait" variable to true, then setting it false after the collection gets created, it delays the Navigate accordingly. This then, takes the user to the BrowseScreen only after contents are populated there.

haniel
Level 8

An alternative to using timers is having the flow return something to the PowerApp.  This way, the app will call your flow and wait until a result is returned before proceeding to the next operation.

Inside your flow, use either the Response or Respond to PowerApp actions.

Hope that helps.

AndrewCarter
Level 8

I had a similar situation, so I updated my flow to send a response back to the PowerApp either Success / Error in my case...

Then I loaded the Flow Response into a variable, Global or Context and had an If / Switch statement updates my user screen/navigation based on the results of the response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,468)