cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delegatable filtering gallery from two dropdown boxes and a search field.

Hello all,

This requirement has given me quite the headache. I'm hoping you can help.

I have a sharepoint list 'HIRE Business Recruitment' that I need users to be able to filter concurrently using a dropdown [DropDownReg] matched with a text variable 'Region', a similar dropdown [DropDownEmp] matched with a text variable 'Field of Employment', and finally a textbox search bar to search 'starts with' for text variable 'Business Name'.

At any one point, I can get one of them to work, but adding any additional filter criteria results in an incorrect formula error. It's important that the solution retains delegation. 

Any advice or nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I have sunk an awfully large amount of time in what was expected to be a rather simple change... ☺

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeff, 

Thank you for your response. Yes, Region and Field of Employment are text fields in the sharepoint list.

Here is one of tried:

Filter('Region 1 Data', If( IsBlank(DropDownReg.Selected.Text) || IsBlank(DropDownEmp.Selected.Text), true, Region=DropDownReg.Selected.Text && ‘Field of Employment’=DropDownEmp.Selected.Text))

It's worth noting that this doesn't include 'StartsWith' filtering from 'Business Name' Text box. Nor do I think it's going to be delegatable... It also doesn't work. So theres that too. 

Thank you for any and all help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Does this mean the  'Region' and 'Field of Employment' are text fields in the data source? Can you share the formula that gives you the error?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeff, 

Thank you for your response. Yes, Region and Field of Employment are text fields in the sharepoint list.

Here is one of tried:

Filter('Region 1 Data', If( IsBlank(DropDownReg.Selected.Text) || IsBlank(DropDownEmp.Selected.Text), true, Region=DropDownReg.Selected.Text && ‘Field of Employment’=DropDownEmp.Selected.Text))

It's worth noting that this doesn't include 'StartsWith' filtering from 'Business Name' Text box. Nor do I think it's going to be delegatable... It also doesn't work. So theres that too. 

Thank you for any and all help.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone is following along, this worked:

(Filter
('HIRE Business Recruitment', 
(StartsWith('Field of Employment', DropDownEmp.Selected.Value)), 
(StartsWith(Region, DropDownReg.Selected.Value)), 
StartsWith('Business Name', FilterTextBox_1.Text))
)

It doesn't show all variables when blank, but for this use case, I think its fine. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,422)