Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marial16
Helper V
Helper V

Delegation 5000 in SP

I have a list with >5000 customers

Another list has a lookup field to this list.I want to display customers in a form in powerapps so i used a collection.

i have a button to temporarily submit a record creating a unique Reference Number before the form is completed.

When i navigate between tabs i use i realize in my customer's dropdown the value changes to [object,object].

Is using a collection  a safe workaround to the delegation issue?

Am i getting all >5000 items?

5 REPLIES 5
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

This video will give you an in-depth look at the delegation issue and ways to work around it with SharePoint

https://youtu.be/UaBmVUQx_Fk

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Still when i use CountRows(myCollection) i get 500.

Even if i increase the value to 2000 from powerapps it is still less than 5300.

I am still not sure how to overcome this issue or what the [object,Object] that is displayed in the dropdown means.

In the edit mode of the form it appears correctly

It's because it retrieves the items in batches of 500.

Can you supply screen shots of your formulas creating the collection and for the dropdown?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

still as the video says it s not a good idea to load a collection with >5000 items 

Yes, that is correct.   You need to shape your data somehow or use a different data source to overcome this limitation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,594)