cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrendonBrooksP1
Post Patron
Post Patron

Delegation Errors with DropDowns

Good afternoon. I created a gallery and three drop down that a user selects to filter the table. This worked fine for months, until yesterday when my app received multiple runtime errors.  This simple error has caused about 35 other runtime errors within my app. 

The formula I used to filter the gallery is the following:

Filter('[dbo].[items]',itemType = DropItemType.SelectedText.Value && location = DropItemLocation.SelectedText.Value && status = DropItemStatus.SelectedText.Value)

Completed Troubleshooting

I've disconnected and reconnected my SQL database source 

Replaced the formula in the ITEMS Value with the datasource

Set delegation limit to 2000. Previously, it was set to 500.

1. Are there any recent updates that would have caused this issue to occur? The application worked fine for months. 

PowerApps Monitor Errors Received:

{
"duration": 0,
"size": 0,
"status": 400,
"headers": {
"Cache-Control": "no-cache,no-store",
"Content-Length": 688,
"Content-Type": "application/json",
"Date": "Fri, 04 Sep 2020 15:20:45 GMT",
"expires": -1,
"pragma": "no-cache",
"strict-transport-security": "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains",
"timing-allow-origin": "*",
"x-content-type-options": "nosniff",
"x-frame-options": "DENY",
"x-ms-apihub-cached-response": true,
"x-ms-request-id": "f837ba3e-ddc6-4562-84c5-7813bbe64ba2",
"x-ms-user-agent": "PowerApps/3.20083.15 (Web Player; AppName=f905fe9c-5183-52c6-d838-51c6e3de2c72)",
"x-ms-client-request-id": "f837ba3e-ddc6-4562-84c5-7813bbe64ba2"
},
"body": {
"status": 400,
"message": "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'\r\n inner exception: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'\r\nclientRequestId: f837ba3e-ddc6-4562-84c5-7813bbe64ba2",
"error": {
"message": "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'\r\n inner exception: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'"
},
"source": "sql-ncus.azconn-ncus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}
}
3 REPLIES 3
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Have you tried to delete and recreate the connection to SQL Server from Powerapps ->Data -> Connections, not only to delete as datasource inside the app ?

My app was created during the time period in which non-premium users of PowerApps could use a SQL connection. If close the connection and re-connect, would I still be able to under the Microsoft 365 business plan that my company uses? Or would I have to sign-up for the subscription?>

BrendonBrooksP1
Post Patron
Post Patron

I'm still having issues with the SQL connection.

I created a new app and successfully replicated the formula.

However, the current app is still having issues with delegation. I deleted every connection and re-connected to no avail.  Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,453)