Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Delegation Improvements for SharePoint

Hi everyone

I have a query about delegable queries in SharePoint.  I've been reading this recent article saying that SharePoint delegation has been improved in PA so queries against complex objects can now be delegated.  It also states the following:

The SharePoint ID field for a table is a number field in PowerApps.  However, SharePoint only supports the equal ('=') operation for delegation on an ID field.

My app is connected to two SharePoint lists - Clients and Meetings.  There is a lookup field in the meetings list so multiple meetings can be linked to a client.  In the app I have a main form which shows a client details and then a data table that displays all meetings related to that client.  The formula for the Items setting in the data table is Filter(Meetings,Client.Id=ThisItem.ID) but this is displaying the delegation warning.  I don't understand why this is happening as the article clearly states that using = on an ID field should be delegated?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Delegation Improvements for SharePoint

The improvements in the delegation for SharePoint were for columns of type Choice and Person; filtering on LookUp columns still cannot be delegated at this time.

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Delegation Improvements for SharePoint

Ouch! So that's the reason I can't get out of delegation warning while filtering by a Lookup column! Is that still on the roadmap after this release though, @CarlosFigueira? I expected it would happen simultaneously, per SPC 19 slide:

obraz.png

Really waiting for this so I can achieve filtering parity with what the OOB SharePoint list web view offers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,252)