cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottar20
Frequent Visitor

Delegation Issues with Oracle Database

Hello - please help! I'm new to PowerApps and am building an app that is connected to an Oracle table which contains ~7,000 rows of data currently (but will grow exponentially as we store historical snapshots of data over time after launching the app). I am displaying rows of data from the Oracle table in a Gallery view within my app and then allowing my end users to perform data entry related to each row of data (applicable to them). I need help finding a way to get around delegation by dynamically filtering the data.

Based on current user of the app: my data is hierarchical so I have a column in my Oracle table called 'MANAGEMENTPATH'. 'MANAGEMENTPATH' contains the organizational reporting structure (by email address) of each person in the data set delimited by a forward slash, for example: Gandalf.email/Bilbo.email/Frodo.email/Gollum.email

My goal here is to dynamically filter the data so that people can only see the level of detail which is applicable to them based on their User().email being present in the 'MANAGEMENTPATH'. Does anyone know how to get around using the User().email for delegation? Microsoft's site says the 'In' function is only delegated for columns on the base data source, so I think that's the issue? It seems a workaround might be to make the User().email into a variable or context variable but I'm struggling to get the coding to work.

@WarrenBelz I've been reading many of your related responses to other posts but none seem to be quite what I need

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
scottar20
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution - in Screen.OnVisible I used Set(CurrentUser,User().Email) and then applied the filtering in the gallery. This worked to get around the delegation by filtering CurrentUser in MANAGEMENTPATH.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
scottar20
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution - in Screen.OnVisible I used Set(CurrentUser,User().Email) and then applied the filtering in the gallery. This worked to get around the delegation by filtering CurrentUser in MANAGEMENTPATH.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,368)