cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelvinLY

Delegation Warning in Canvas App 2021

Please help, new user here. I am creating a canvas app and encountered the below issue regarding delegation.

MelvinLY_0-1629715085539.png

The error is not supposed to happen since I have followed all the rules published in the latest rule of delegation. The column I used is a calculated Text Column.

MelvinLY_1-1629715163680.png

Help please.

Resource used: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#power-apps-delegable-functions-and-ope...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @MelvinLY ,

Calculated columns are not delegable. You will definitely get the issue you are seeing.

If your data will be around 500-2000 you can move ahead with this code and change the collection limit accordingly. If  you are expecting data more than 2000 you should change the code. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Hey! That is not an error. That will say that it might get an error if there is a lot of data

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Hi @Nogueira1306 

Yes, I mistyped, it should be warning. Is there a way to get the data from SharePoint to Canvas app that would not have any delegation error? Thanks.

PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @MelvinLY ,

Calculated columns are not delegable. You will definitely get the issue you are seeing.

If your data will be around 500-2000 you can move ahead with this code and change the collection limit accordingly. If  you are expecting data more than 2000 you should change the code. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Sure... You jsut to filter by something easier... Or unique

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,475)