Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefano_mazzi
Frequent Visitor

Delegation Warning

Hello,

I have this formula with delegation warning:

Filter('Activity List', (Email = User().Email), (StartsWith(Project.Value, TextSearchBox1.Text)))

delegation_warning.png

How I can avoid this warning?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Calculated columns are not delegable to my knowledge, although they are listed as theoretically working for complex columns where the sub-property is a delegable type, my experience has found this to not always be the case, this is why I suggested a plaintext column that is filled automatically by your App whenever a project is chosen (is what I meant before).

SharePoint - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi @stefano_mazzi

You are accessing a sub-property of the Project field, which the system will not be able to delegate. I would suggest creating a new text column in your datasource that is automatically filled with the text value of Project.Value - that way when you filter the StartsWith will not have a delegation issue

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

thank you for your reply 🙂

I created a new calculated coloumn in my sharepoint list called "Project Selected" and update my fx in this way:

Filter('Activity List', (Email = User().Email), (StartsWith('Project Selected', TextSearchBox1.Text)))

But delegation warning is always present.

Calculated columns are not delegable to my knowledge, although they are listed as theoretically working for complex columns where the sub-property is a delegable type, my experience has found this to not always be the case, this is why I suggested a plaintext column that is filled automatically by your App whenever a project is chosen (is what I meant before).

SharePoint - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Thank you @iAm_ManCat .

The solution works great.

Excellent, glad I could help @stefano_mazzi, have a great day!

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (5,361)