cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delegation Warning

Hi All,

I am using below lookup formula but it throwing me delegation warning.
LookUp(
Journeys,
'Camp Lookup'.'safety vwAllCamps' = LookUp(
'safety vwAllCamps',
Camp = ComboBox7_1.Selected.Camp,
'safety vwAllCamps'
),
Journey_ID
)

Delegation warning is for below part-
LookUp(
'safety vwAllCamps',
Camp = ComboBox7_1.Selected.Camp,
'safety vwAllCamps'
)

Also it giving me delegation for below code-

Filter(Journeys,!IsBlank('Camp Lookup'))

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

For the first one:

Do you have a 'safety vwAllCamps' column in your 'safety vwAllCamps' list?  If not, then this is causing the issue.  Your lookup requires 2 parameters, 3 optional.  First is the datasource, second is the criteria and the third (optional) is what you want the Lookup to return.

For the second one:

You cannot delegate the !IsBlank.  You can delegate 'Camp Lookup' = Blank(), but not the negative of that.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RandyHayes ,

Do you have a 'safety vwAllCamps' column in your 'safety vwAllCamps' list?
Ans- Yes, it's a GUID column.

For the second one:

You cannot delegate the !IsBlank.  You can delegate 'Camp Lookup' = Blank(), but not the negative of that.

Ans-  'Camp Lookup' = Blank(), this is not working beacuse Camp lookup is my lookup column so I am able to equate it with blanks, throws error saying "Invalid argument type"

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

So the first thing to really ask...is this a problem (the delegation warning that is).  Will you have more than 2000 records in your list that you need to perform delegable criteria against?  If not, then I would resume what you have and ignore the warning.

As for the other two questions:

- ah, so this is Dataverse!

- for the second - I don't believe it was checking for blank that you even wanted - I believe you wanted to find those that were NOT blank.  Which again, just isn't delegable. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,325)