cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Delegation doesn't work anymore

Since the latest update, delegation doesn't work anymore. Now i get an error saying the operation is prohobited because it exceeds the limit threshhold. 

Really? Making updates to make Powerapps worse? It's bad enough you had the 500 limit, now we can't even filter, query 5000+ items even if we bring less than 500 results. 

Was this published anywhere?

4 REPLIES 4
Helper I
Helper I

Scratch that, it doesn't work UNLESS you have indexes, which is NOT what the error says, but managed to fix it.

Greetings! I see that you were having some trouble with delegation. Can you give us a little more detail about what the PowerApp was doing and what error message you were seeing? If you could provide us with which connectors were involved, what parameters you were passing, the actual text of the error you received, and what indications made you think that delegation was not operating normally... that would be most helpful! If you have been able to solve this, it would be great to know what the issue was and how you solved it - so that we can share your experience with others on the forum. Thanks very much in advance! -Cameron

@Cameron wrote:
Greetings! I see that you were having some trouble with delegation. Can you give us a little more detail about what the PowerApp was doing and what error message you were seeing? If you could provide us with which connectors were involved, what parameters you were passing, the actual text of the error you received, and what indications made you think that delegation was not operating normally... that would be most helpful! If you have been able to solve this, it would be great to know what the issue was and how you solved it - so that we can share your experience with others on the forum. Thanks very much in advance! -Cameron

I believe his second post is the answer, his tables were not indexed.

Yes, I'm simply looking for a bit of detail here so that others might benefit. Were these SQL tables? do you mean to say you added a primary key column (implying an index)? Was it a different connector? For the benefit of the community, if you wouldn't mind just sharing a few details - it would possibly help others who face a similar circumstance. Thanks! -Cameron

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,284)