Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andiart
Resolver I
Resolver I

Delegation in People Picker field

Hi,

I have a delegation warning on my people pickers field, which I try to filter by "department" with two lookups and a value from another field (also person). As a result, there are no items at all.

Here is my Query:

Filter(
    Choices([@PK_Antragx].PK_Betroffene_Person);
    With({tRec: ThisRecord;
        BSV: LookUp('company$Mitarbeiter'; Name = Last(Split(DataCardValue200.Selected.DisplayName; " ").Result).Result && StartsWith(Vorname; Trim(First(Split(DataCardValue200.Selected.DisplayName; " ").Result).Result))).Ordnungsmerkmal_Wert_03
        };
        BSV
        =
        LookUp('company$Mitarbeiter$powerapps'; FullName=tRec.DisplayName).Ordnungsmerkmal_Wert_03
        )
)

and as a screenshot with the delegation warning:

andiart_0-1665042845888.png

I already made a view, where there is the fullname like in DisplayName of Persons with comma separated, hoping to avoid delegation that way, but you can see the result.

Any idea how to accomplish that filtering?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a solution, I can't use the choices of the sharepoint column - I have to use the office 365 Users Connector

Filter(
    'Office365-Benutzer'.SearchUser({searchTerm: Self.SearchText; top: 20});
    With({tRecDisplayName: ThisRecord.DisplayName;
        BSV: LookUp('Company$Mitarbeiter$powerapps'; FullName = DataCardValue200.Selected.DisplayName || FullName2 = DataCardValue200.Selected.DisplayName).Ordnungsmerkmal_Wert_03
        };
        BSV
        =
        LookUp('Company$Mitarbeiter$powerapps'; FullName=tRecDisplayName || FullName2=tRecDisplayName).Ordnungsmerkmal_Wert_03
    )
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
andiart
Resolver I
Resolver I

I made a change, wich let go away the delegation warning in the formula. But the result set is empty while there should be a lot of people.

My Change:

Filter(
    Choices([@PK_Antragx].PK_Betroffene_Person);
        BSV: LookUp('Company$Mitarbeiter$powerapps'; FullName = DataCardValue200.Selected.DisplayName).Ordnungsmerkmal_Wert_03
        };
        BSV
        =
        LookUp('Company$Mitarbeiter$powerapps'; FullName=tRecDisplayName || FullName2=tRecDisplayName).Ordnungsmerkmal_Wert_03
        )
)

FullName and FullName 2 are, because in some cases I get "Surname, Name" and in other "Name Surname" in the DisplayName property

BSV has indeed a value but the second part of the condition (the lookup) seems not to work as asumed

even such a simple query like

Filter(Choices(PK_Antragx.PK_Betroffene_Person); DisplayName = "Surname, Name")

doesn't work

I found a solution, I can't use the choices of the sharepoint column - I have to use the office 365 Users Connector

Filter(
    'Office365-Benutzer'.SearchUser({searchTerm: Self.SearchText; top: 20});
        BSV: LookUp('Company$Mitarbeiter$powerapps'; FullName = DataCardValue200.Selected.DisplayName || FullName2 = DataCardValue200.Selected.DisplayName).Ordnungsmerkmal_Wert_03
        };
        BSV
        =
    )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,266)