cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saeeds
Frequent Visitor

Delegation issue in Sharepoint Documents attachments folders

Hi,

I have build Canvas PowerApps application which has thousands records which i can find by using search function and no problem by getting any record on my screen. Each SQL record has attachments which are in our SharePoint documents. SharePoint contain folders with records ID  name and i am showing attachments by merging ID in the SharePoint path e.g. (Shared Documents/11223/Detail.pdf)

Below query returning all attachments under a Record but only unto 2000 records attachments and i am unable to solve delegation issue. Could any one please help me

Set(varFolderPath, "SharePoint Documents/" & BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID & "/");

Filter(Documents, 'Folder path' = varFolderPath)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Saeeds ,

Queries on SharePoint folder paths are not Delegable. You need to include an identifier in a text or numeric field in the Library metadata. I do this using the ID of the "master" record and have some photo Libraries over 50,000 items that work perfectly and quickly on iPads.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Saeeds ,

Queries on SharePoint folder paths are not Delegable. You need to include an identifier in a text or numeric field in the Library metadata. I do this using the ID of the "master" record and have some photo Libraries over 50,000 items that work perfectly and quickly on iPads.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Saeeds
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @WarrenBelz . I added CaseId into metadata of sharepoint library and now i can search files. Thank you very much for help. You solved my big issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,213)