cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Delegation on SP list

I am encountering the 2000 recod limit probelm again eventhough the function I called is all delegable function (Filter, In...)

See attached. The filtered list does not return the recentely added record. The number of record just exceeded 2000 (which is the limit I set for this App) recently (see screen2). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Delegation on SP list

I was trying to find a reference for this, but as I remember 'in' is not a delegable function for SharePoint like it is for something like SQL.  'in' is essentially a test of contains and SahrePoint doesn't handle that server side.  It handles that client side, so its not delegable.  Do a simple test and switch out 'in' for a StartsWith() test and you'll find that the delegation warning goes away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I was trying to find a reference for this, but as I remember 'in' is not a delegable function for SharePoint like it is for something like SQL.  'in' is essentially a test of contains and SahrePoint doesn't handle that server side.  It handles that client side, so its not delegable.  Do a simple test and switch out 'in' for a StartsWith() test and you'll find that the delegation warning goes away.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Although in the reference guide (https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-tw/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview) it says "In" combined with the Filter function is delegable,

screen2.PNG

and in the example it actually uses Searchtextbox with "In" for reference. 

products-apple.png

But anyway, after I swith out "In" with "StartsWith", the blue dots under "In" goes away, but then I got another blue dots warning under the ".value" of a certain "Screen1.jpgchoice" variable (see attached picture). Is .value also not delegable?

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The page where it says in  is delegable is the page that covers all the data sources like SharePoint, SQL, etc. In is delegable for SQL, but not for SharePoint.  I tried to find something in the documentation that points that out, but couldn't find it.  But I can guarantee its true. Using in with a SharePoint data source will trigger the delegation warning because SharePoint can't handle a contains filter as a delegable filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,726)