cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ccant
Level: Powered On

Delegation - possible to filter before the 2000 limit

Hi, I have a filter in a gallery returning data from a SP document library (see below). I need to filter on the path and this would return only a handful of records. However, because of the 2000 delegation limit I am not able to return the 5 document paths I need. I have tried putting it into a collection but I still need either filter, sort, lastN which are all truncated at 2000 before running. I have also tried to Set a variable as suggested on other posts but the {path} bit is still throwing a delegation warning. Is it just going to have to be a case of archiving old attachments or is there a workaround that would work for a document library where I search on path? Thanks

Filter('Ticket Attachment', {Path} = "Lists/Ticket Attachments/2018/05/Ticket_2007/")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Delegation - possible to filter before the 2000 limit

@ccant 

The issue is that {Path} is a calculated column in SharePoint. And as such, they are non-delegable.  

To get around this, you'll need to make the path a real text column in your library.  You can do that with either Flow or Workflows in SharePoint.  The goal is to, on each item change, get the {Path} value and store it in the new text column.

Then, you can use delegable functions on the text column such as StartsWith or even '='

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@ccant 

The issue is that {Path} is a calculated column in SharePoint. And as such, they are non-delegable.  

To get around this, you'll need to make the path a real text column in your library.  You can do that with either Flow or Workflows in SharePoint.  The goal is to, on each item change, get the {Path} value and store it in the new text column.

Then, you can use delegable functions on the text column such as StartsWith or even '='

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ccant 

Could you please refrence @RandyHayes 's suggestion?

And your issue is solved.Please accept it as solution.

More information:

delegation-overview

Best Regards.

Yumia

ccant
Level: Powered On

Thank you @RandyHayes! Your explaination really clear and helpful. I think it is working (the delegation warning has gone and I assume this will then work properly when we go over 2000 items again later this week)

Super User
Super User

@ccant 

Very good!

You can always test if delegation will be an issue or not by lowering the number of records returned in the Advanced settings.  If you lower the number to something less than your current list size, then you can see if there will be issues.

Remember - delegation and record limits are two different things, but record limits impact when delegation is needed and working.  So, you can test by lowering the limits.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,380)