cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DA4
Level: Powered On

Delegation problem with double filter in table

Hello everbody,

today I would like to get your help in combination with the Filter and SortByColums:

I have a table with some data, for example, project-name, month (in date). Now I want to sort my data with a request, if the project-date is in the future or in the past. The past entries aren't allowed to show and the future entries should be visible in the table.

Now I have the following function for the table:

Filter(SortByColumns(Filter(MYSOURCE and some StartWiths));Date>Today())

The inner filter and SortByColumns works excellent, but when I wrap it with a second Filter and filter the date bigger, than current date, then I get the error: Warning delegation message (Means that, in bigger datasets there could be wrong data?)

Any idea? Is it "safe" to use this? Wheather I have more than 2000 entries in the table, will the outter filter work as well?

Best regards and thank you

DA4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Delegation problem with double filter in table

@DA4 

When you have more than 2,000 entries the FILTER will become unreliable because SharePoint cannot yet delegate DATETIME datatype columns.  See the chart below for a summary of delegable data types in SharePoint.

PowerAppsDelegable.png

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/sharepoint-delegation-improvements/

Perhaps you could avoid the delegation issue by creating a helper column in your SharePoint.  Notice that Number data types are fully delegable.  What if you created a new Number column called DateNumberValue in SP and put the DateValue (i.e. integer) in there?  Then you could do the comparison successfully without delegation issues.

Let me know if this makes sense.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Delegation problem with double filter in table

@DA4 

When you have more than 2,000 entries the FILTER will become unreliable because SharePoint cannot yet delegate DATETIME datatype columns.  See the chart below for a summary of delegable data types in SharePoint.

PowerAppsDelegable.png

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/sharepoint-delegation-improvements/

Perhaps you could avoid the delegation issue by creating a helper column in your SharePoint.  Notice that Number data types are fully delegable.  What if you created a new Number column called DateNumberValue in SP and put the DateValue (i.e. integer) in there?  Then you could do the comparison successfully without delegation issues.

Let me know if this makes sense.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,054)