cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delegation problems with small CDS database using Filter, If, IsBlank, LookUp, and =.

Can someone help with this:

I have a 'small' database of <1000 products that I want to use for a stocktake app. I have CDS tables of products and suppliers etc, and I am coming up against the whole 'delegtion' story. As an example I shall describe one of my problems below. I thought I was using all delegable commands but obviously not...

I have a screen with an drop-down list for my Suppliers which on selection populates a text box with the PrimaryId of that Supplier. The Gallery then filters the CDS table to present a list of Products from that Supplier - however it only looks throught the first 500 rows of the Products table. I'm using the textbox as another forum post mentioned this may help.

DropDown3_1 code: 

SortByColumns('TheStoreApp Suppliers', "SupplierName", Ascending)

TextBox 47 code (I've put the IsBlank default in there as it was erroring when the screen first loads):

If(IsBlank(Dropdown3_1.Selected), "00059", LookUp('TheStoreApp Suppliers', Dropdown3_1.Selected.SupplierName = SupplierName, PrimaryId))

Gallery code ('TheStoreAppSupplierProductList' is a 'LookUp' field that links the Product to a Supplier):

Filter('TheStoreApp Products', TheStoreAppSupplierProductList.PrimaryId = TextBox47.Text)

The Gallery code shows blue lines under the '.PrimaryId' and '=' showing that this has 'service limitations' (i.e. cannot be delegated)

Can someone suggest whether it is the 'If', 'IsBlank', 'LookUp', 'Filter',  '=', or the 'PrimaryId' column that is causing the delegation to fail?

Thanks in advance.

Matt 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Delegation problems with small CDS database using Filter, If, IsBlank, LookUp, and =.

Hi Matt,

Is this happending to all your CDS entity or just specific one? Have you tested with a new one?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delegation problems with small CDS database using Filter, If, IsBlank, LookUp, and =.

Hi Mona

This seems to be happening for a lot of my entities.

The latest one is this:

Filter('TheStoreApp Purchase Orders', Text(Toggle3.Value) in PurchaseOrderReceived)

I'm trying to filter a gallery based on a toggle control on the screen - the 'in' has a blue underline showing 'service limitations' 

Thanks

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,421)