cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alandilworth
Frequent Visitor

Delegation warning on functions that are delegable to my Dataverse datasource

Hi,

I'm really confused about a delegation issue I'm running into on one of my formulas.  My datasource is Dataverse.  My formula is below:

Sort(Filter('HPC Data', 'Sales Representative' = User().Email), 'HCP Name Address', Ascending)

According to Microsoft's documentation, both Sort and Filter are delegable. If I remove the Sort function the problem still remains.  If anyone could give some guidance I will greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alandilworth
Frequent Visitor

So I found the problem. It ended up being a dropdown/combobox issue. When I placed the same function in a gallery I no longer had the delegation issue. Very odd

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Alex_10
Super User
Super User

@alandilworth 

With({wUser: User().Email},

Sort(Filter('HPC Data', 'Sales Representative' = wUser), 'HCP Name Address', Ascending)

)

alandilworth
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion Alex. Unfortunately it is still not working. One thing I noticed is if I use the same function in a blank app I do not encounter this problem. I'm not sure what could be interacting with this in my production app since it is just a dropdown with this my formula in the items category. It does not interact with anything else

Alex_10
Super User
Super User

@alandilworth 

did testing on my end and cannot replicate the warning with Dataverse.

may be you have a hidden control that is placed over or behind your dropdown and that control shows that warning?

alandilworth
Frequent Visitor

I kind of explained it wrong. It's not actually showing a warning. I'm testing for delegation issues where there are no warnings by setting the data row limit where delegation is not supported to 1

Alex_10
Super User
Super User

@alandilworth 

i think now i understand.

by limiting to 1 you get only 1 record back even if there are more? and you want to see if that case happens?

CountRows(Sort(Filter('HPC Data', 'Sales Representative' = User().Email), 'HCP Name Address', Ascending))

CountRows will return the correct number of records that should be returned when unlimited.

so building a condition comparing that number with the number of actual rows may help

alandilworth
Frequent Visitor

It did return the correct number of rows, but I have another update. On my blank app with nothing but a dropdown with my function populating the items category, it started encountering the same problem after closing and reopening the app. I've been playing around with it and it will work for a while then stop

alandilworth
Frequent Visitor

So I found the problem. It ended up being a dropdown/combobox issue. When I placed the same function in a gallery I no longer had the delegation issue. Very odd

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,736)