cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh
Level: Powered On

Delegation warning using in clause to filter

Hi

I'm trying to build cascade combox box connecting to a SharePoint list. The list has columns Region and Country.  In the Powerapps form I've added 2 combo boxes one for Region and another for Country both allow multi selection. When multiple regions are selected, I want to display all the countries for the selected regions. This is how my Items filter look

Region combo box - Distinct('MyList', Region)

Country combo box - Filter('MyList' ,Region in RegionComboBox.SelectedItems.Result).Country

In the design mode, I can see the Country combo shows the delegation warning. When I run the app and select one or more regions, Country combo does not display anything. I hardly have about 40 items in the list. How do I avoid the delegation warning?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Delegation warning using in clause to filter

Hi @Rajesh,

I just tested and got the same result. The same formula works fine in Dropdown control but not in Combo Box control. But I find a workaround, please try:

Add a button, set its OnSelect property to:

ClearCollect(C1,Filter('MyList' ,Region in RegionComboBox.SelectedItems.Result).Country)

Then set the Items property of Country combo box to:

C1.Country

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rajesh
Level: Powered On

Re: Delegation warning using in clause to filter

Thanks for your reply. The workaround is not an ideal solution. Could this bug be notified to PowerApps team and fixed in a future release?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,618)