cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Delegation warning while calculation a sum

Hi All,

I have created a text label that calculates the sum of miles walked in a week but it gives up a delegation error. How do I resolve this as I might go above 2000 records in time. Also this is a SharePoint List.

Formula

Sum(Filter('Activity Tracker','Date of Activity' >= Now() - Weekday(Now(), StartOfWeek.Monday) && 'Date of Activity' <= Now() - Weekday( Now(), StartOfWeek.Monday )+7),Distance)

Error

DG Error1.JPGDG Error2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

@jbrines 

You may always get a warning, (it's a warning, not an error) so it can be ignored as long as you filter down the list to avoid reaching the maximum allowed before applying a non-delegatable function. For more information and tips about how to deal with delegation issues in SharePoint, check out @WarrenBelz 's blog post   https://warrenbelz.blogspot.com/2020/08/power-apps-delegation-is-word-not.html .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @jbrines 

Why not calculate the sum for each day and then add the 7 sums together for the grand total sum for the week. You might still get the warning but it is unlikely that any individual day will exceed the limit.

@Drrickryp 

I thought of that but I also want to show the monthly average as well but didn't put that in as waiting to see if I could get this resolved.

J

Super User II
Super User II

@jbrines 

You may always get a warning, (it's a warning, not an error) so it can be ignored as long as you filter down the list to avoid reaching the maximum allowed before applying a non-delegatable function. For more information and tips about how to deal with delegation issues in SharePoint, check out @WarrenBelz 's blog post   https://warrenbelz.blogspot.com/2020/08/power-apps-delegation-is-word-not.html .

View solution in original post

@Drrickryp 

I am hoping to filter it so only shows the current week.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,117)