cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Delete Calendar Item via PowerApps

Hi All! TLDR: I'm 100% a novice at Power Apps and everything I've done so far has been with the power of Google.

That being said, we imported the Desk Booking app template from here and I've been modifying it to create a meeting invitation (successfully) using Shane Young's video. Now I'm struggling to figure out how to cancel the meeting invitation in Outlook when you press the "Cancel" button.

I'm appending the Office365Outlook.CalendarDeleteItemV2 connector to "OnSelect" of the "Cancel" button. My problem is that I don't fully understand how to make it look up the specific event that I'm trying to cancel. What I've got so far is:

Office365Outlook.CalendarDeleteItemV2(LookUp(Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTables().value,DisplayName = "Calendar").Name,event)

It's looking up the correct calendar, but doesn't know what event to cancel. My Google powers are failing me on finding a tutorial or information on how to properly use the CalendarDeleteItemV2 to find the correct event.

My apologies if I'm not using the right phrasing on this, I'm 1.5 weeks into using Power Apps and trying to "figure it out." Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: Delete Calendar Item via PowerApps

Hi,

You can Use Like that.

Office365.CalendarDeleteItemV2(Dropdown1.Selected.id, ThisItem.Id);

In Place of DropDown, you can Pass Your Properties or you can use your logic.

But for Remove the Meeting required Name and ID.

For reference, you can have a look into the below URL.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Delete-Cancel-Meeting-Room/td-p/364201

Hope this solution helps you to resolve your issue.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So, let me break this down to where I'm stuck:

For the underlined part, I planned to use  

(LookUp(Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTables().value,DisplayName = "Calendar").Name

For the below underlined part "ThisItem.Id" is where I'm struggling.

If I put in "ThisItem.ID" or "ThisItem.Identity" the app errors out--I'm guessing because it's not calling the correct Outlook event.

Here's what the code looks like:

Select( Parent );
Remove('Desk Reservations',ThisItem);
Office365Outlook.CalendarDeleteItemV2
     (LookUp(Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTables().value,DisplayName="Calendar").Name,ThisItem.ID)

I've attached the error message I get.  

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

As per the below comments.

I tested and Mode few changes.

Please Use

Below Code for Delete the Events/Meeting Like below.

Set(CalendarDatails,LookUp(Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTables().value,DisplayName=ComboBox4.Selected.DisplayName));

Office365Outlook.CalendarDeleteItemV2(CalendarDatails.DisplayName,ThisItem.id);

For getting the Gellary Item you can use like below
Office365Outlook.V4CalendarGetItems(ComboBox4.Selected.Name).value

VijayTailor_0-1601017078051.png

Thanks,
Hope this time your issue is resolved.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Please vote for my idea if you feel, that will help you in the future or good to have in power app.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Ability-s-to-Select-Icon-from-UIFabric/idi-p/69...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Preview-Mode-for-All-the-Device-Like-Phone-Tabl...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, those suggestions didn't work, either.  I'm thinking about attacking this from a different angle and having it save the eventID to Sharepoint when it creates the meeting invite.  Then when sending the cancellation, I can reference the eventID.  Now I just have to figure out how to do all that.... but I think that might be the best route.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,735)