cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdityaDani
Helper I
Helper I

Delete specific COLUMNS from a ROW. Data Source : SharePoint List

I have an NewForm whose DataSource is Final_Master(SharePoint List). And I am Submitting it using SubmitForm() function.

This form has 6 text Box and 3 Combo Box(Choice Columns in SharePoint List)

Issue 1 : Now I want to Add/Delete options inside the combo box  so that when a user is filling the form he can have the updated options to select from.

• For this I plan to navigate the user to a screen where he can ADD/ DELETE options for the dropdown. I plan to create a Gallery having only one column and for each row I have option to delete the row.
  • How do I delete a specific column from a row. Because with the Remove() function I am able to delete the entire ROW. But I want to delete on a column from that row.
  • And have a add button clicking on which I navigate to a NewForm where user can add new record into that column.
  • But how to push data into the choice column into the List from a text box in PowerApps Form.

issue 2 : The reason i am using a combo box instead of a Drop down is with combo box i will see only the unique records.

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@AdityaDani 

I do not believe that a user can add options in a Choice type column in SharePoint. However, If you changed the column type from Choice to single line of text,  you could use Distinct() to create the options for a dropdown or combobox and Patch() a user created value to that type of column.  It would then be picked up as another option in the dropdown or combobox subsequently.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,759)