cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoseC12
Level: Powered On

Delete text inside a Textbox

I have a text box which has a number inside by default (in this case "20"), but I don't want the user to erease that number, just only want it to continue writting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Delete text inside a Textbox

@JoseC12 

Its not possible to prevent the user from editing part of the text in a text box.

My workaround would be to place a label beside the text box with the number 20 and make it look like its part of the control.  Then you could get the year like this.

Label1.Text&TextInput1.Text

e.g. two text strings "20" & "19" joined is "2019"

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@JoseC12 

Its not possible to prevent the user from editing part of the text in a text box.

My workaround would be to place a label beside the text box with the number 20 and make it look like its part of the control.  Then you could get the year like this.

Label1.Text&TextInput1.Text

e.g. two text strings "20" & "19" joined is "2019"

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

eka24
Level 10

Put this formula on the Onselect of a button:
Reset(Textbox)

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,320)