Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serviced2000
Helper IV
Helper IV

Deleted Solution Workflows Still Create Dependencies

Hi Everyone,

This one has me really puzzled. I had a solution which for one reason or another I needed to delete from my environment. Simple, right? Not so much, I deleted it but some of the fields in the one solution now appear in another solution. Not only that, but I can't delete the fields (a Choice in this instance) because a flow is dependent on it. I could delete the flow, except the flow was part of the original solution I deleted and can no longer be found. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be able to remove the dependency requirement from a dependent object that no longer exists. Has anyone come across this before? Screenshot of the issue below : 

Serviced2000_0-1632817329785.png

1 REPLY 1
Serviced2000
Helper IV
Helper IV

Ok, so I figured this one out. I found that one of the tables I though had been deleted, hadn't. So far, so good, but when I came to delete the table I couldn't because *that* had dependencies on it. I used the dependency analyser plugin for XrmToolBox and it showed me a couple of other flows that had been removed when I deleted the Solution - weird.

I'd seen a couple of instances where the Classic interface contained more information so I had a look in there and lo and behold all the flows I'd deleted with the Solution (and that no longer showed up anywhere in the Modern UI) were all listed. From there I deleted the flows, then the table and finally the Choice. 

This might all seem pretty obvious to someone more experienced, but for a n00b who has mainly only used the Modern UI interface it's a bit of a trick. Hope this helps someone else!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,358)