Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJO
Resolver II
Resolver II

Deleting Sharepoint list record issue

Hi folks

Due to the delegation limit I'm working on migrating my data source from Excel in OneDrive to a SharePoint list (please stop me here if you think that that is a bad idea).

The patch formula seems to work almost identical to the Excel patch. However, the first problem I've just ran into is that I get an error when trying to delete a record from that list. See the formulae are identical, Excel first and then sharepoint list:

Remove(
    tabDaten,
    galleryEinträge.Selected
);
Remove(
    AuditListe,
    galleryEinträge.Selected
);

But in the case of the Sharepoint list I get an error about a column that's holding numbers, but it says that I'm delivering text. I'm not delivering anything here...just want to delete the record. Worth mentioning is that the gallery uses the Excel table as a source, but also there the column in question is of number type.

Any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13

Spoiler

@RandyHayes That's a seriously good point lol...However, it's an UpdateIf function, so it shouldn't find anything to update and not complain about text vs. number issues

Maybe I just just do my holidays and come back here relaxed in two weeks :DDD

@TJO 

Well, as much as I love PowerApps, a nice 2 week holiday would be better. 😉

So, I'm not sure now you're referencing UpdateIf??  I thought we were working with RemoveIf??

Bottom line is, your SharePoint list will have an ID for each record.  Once you're on SharePoint, you'll be able to reference those items by their ID in functions like UpdateIf, RemoveIf, etc.

Excel will not have this and you will have to reference them by LookUp or by their PowerAppsID column.

I would say...keep going with your migration.  Take your Excel file and import it into SharePoint and make the jump.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes Hehe, see it's time for a break...I meant RemoveIf. Yes I'll do that. It implies though to modify many parts of the app, including flows. Not easy and lots of work to do. But thank you very much for your kind help.

Cheers, Ted

@TJO 

Yes...time for that break!  I completely understand.

So the error you were seeing is because your gallery is not based on the SharePoint list yet.

I'd say full speed ahead on migrating, but you can certainly get to a hybrid "in-between" stage, but you'll have to reference by other means than the ultra-simple ID.   Which would really mean comparing most all the columns in your data from one to another.  Unless you have some other unique column in your data.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,669)