cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LL_Van01

Deleting cloud flows and environment variables in unmanaged solution doesn't reflect on the managed solution

Hello Community,

I have an unmanaged solution in Dev, and I had one cloud flow and two environment variables (an other items, such as an canvas app) originally and the solution was deployed to QA as managed solution.

I then delete the cloud flow and the two environmental variables in the unmanaged solution in Dev then deployed to QA again. 

All deployments are done though Azure DevOps CI/CD.

The canvas app has always been updated when releases new version, however, the deleted items, such a the cloud flow and two environment variables are still in the managed solution in QA. 

Could someone help me to understand and how I can properly remove the unwanted items in the solution that is sitting in QA?

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moximox
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

You need to use versioning by using solution upgrade process and not just overwriting. If you do already- please let know the settings for your release tasks solution import and upgrade. 

mox

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Moximox
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

You need to use versioning by using solution upgrade process and not just overwriting. If you do already- please let know the settings for your release tasks solution import and upgrade. 

mox

LL_Van01_0-1652742806766.png

The attached photo is my Import Solution action in the Azure DevOp Release Pipeline. 

I was able to fix the problem (the question I have in this post) simply by checking off the "Import as a holding solution". However, looks like I would have two solutions in QA. Looking for ways to automatically delete the older solution?

I found the solution to my own question now.

First, check off the "Import as a holding solution" this will allow the migration to be a upgrade instead of update.

Then add the "Power Platform Apply Solution Upgrade" as the final action in the release it will then apply the upgrade with one solution as a result. 

LL_Van01_0-1652746982833.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,927)