cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Deleting empty entries from a gallery

Hey guys! sorry to bother you but. I have created a gallery based on a list in sharepoint. some of the values from a column are empty but I can't delete the rows because the other columns have information. In one of the galleries I want to show a list with one of the columns but it's showing all the empty entries if that makes sense, is there anyway I can fix that?

Thank you in advance!

Attached you will find an image with what I mean, the last question shows and then you have a lot of empty spaces.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Deleting empty entries from a gallery

Hi @jgutierrez79 ,

I think there is something wrong with your Filter formula. Please remove the ThisItem operator from your Filter function.

So please modify your formula as below (set the Items property of Gallery to following😞

Filter(
       'Pre Job Brief Checklist',
       !IsBlank('1. QHSE Considerations')    // reference the column from your data source directly here without ThisItem operator
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@jgutierrez79 
Can you FILTER the Gallery Items on the non-blank values of any particular column to hide them?

Filter(your_datasource_name, ColumnName1<>Blank())

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jgutierrez79 ,

Do you want to filter out these records where the question name column is empty in your Gallery?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Filter function could achieve your needs. Please consider set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

Filter(
        'Your SP List',
        !IsBlank(QuestionNameColumn)
)

Note: The QuestionNameColumn represents the column you want to show in your Gallery, which you want to filter out these empty values.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hey! thanks for the answer, so I have a list called Pre Job Brief Checklist and a column which is called 1. QHSE Considerations.

I'm trying to use your code like this:

Filter(
!IsBlank(ThisItem.'1. QHSE Considerations')
)

But it's not working for some reason, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Thank you so much for your help!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jgutierrez79 ,

I think there is something wrong with your Filter formula. Please remove the ThisItem operator from your Filter function.

So please modify your formula as below (set the Items property of Gallery to following😞

Filter(
       !IsBlank('1. QHSE Considerations')    // reference the column from your data source directly here without ThisItem operator
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,480)