cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Deleting entries in an entity

Hello,

I am using Powerapps to manage Employees. I have opted to use CDM and the worker entity. The worker entity has come filled with sample employees, When I try to remove the data entries nothing happens. I am using

Remove(Worker, BrowseGallery1.Selected); If (IsEmpty(Errors(Worker, BrowseGallery1.Selected)), Back())

Anyone else dealt with this before?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi rhysg,

Per my test, it seems that the sample data in the Worker entity cannot be deleted.

May you try to create a custom entity using the same fields with the Worker entity from blank. With a custom entity, you could add the fields you want or delete the fields you don’t need.

About how to create a custom entity, please check this documentation for more details:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/data-platform-create-entity/

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi Mabel,

Thank you for your response. I thought I should add that I am able to add workers to the worker entity, but am also unable to remove the newly added workers. Is this a known bug?

Highlighted

This issue has been fixed and verified. It will be in production in the second week of Feb. 2018.

Highlighted

Hello - if you're unable to delete it through PowerApps, you can navigate to the list of entities (web.powerapps.com > Common Data Service > Entities) open the worker entity and select Open in Excel, you can use the Excel add in to delete records.

There is also an option to clear your entire database, but this will clear all entities - only use this if you are sure there is no data you need, as it can not be undone. You will find the option under the ellipsis in the top right hand corner of the Entity list.

Thanks,
Clay.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,847)