Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calumboath
Helper III
Helper III

Dependant drop downs

Hi, 

I have a power app which has 3 drop down menus. The second and third drop downs rely on the one before it. It links to my SharePoint but because the 3rd drop down has 3/4 options for each 2nd drop down value, the second drop down has a list of 3/4 of the same option in the drop down. Is there a way in which only 1 of the same option will, appear in the dropdown? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
jcfDaniel
Super User
Super User

Hi,

A Switch should work. Something like this on your second Dropdown Items:

Switch(
FirstDropdown.SelectedText.Value,
"Option A", ["Option 1", "Option 2"],
"Option B", ["Option 3", "Option 4"]
)

Then, do something similar to dropdown3

Switch(
SecondDropdown.SelectedText.Value,
"Option C", ["Option 5", "Option 6"],
"Option D", ["Option 7", "Option 8"]
)

Maybe showing the second only when the first has a selection and the third when the second has a selection also will make you UX a bit nicer.

Regards. JD.
Calumboath
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks for your help mate much appreciated. Do I need to change the coding for my first dropdown? I currently have 'Sort(Distinct('SharePointList',Title), Result, Ascending)' - it doesn't like the switch coding the way you explained.

I am fairly new to power apps and still learning so apologies if I seem thick. If I have 4 secondary options for option A will I need to go right up to Option 4 in the brackets?

jcfDaniel
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Your first dropdown can be as is. You can enter as many options inside the brackets as needed.

Regards. JD.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,602)