cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Dependent Drop Down Fields Do No Appear After Saving

Dear All,

In my app i have some dependent drop downfields.

I am able to save them without any issue but when i try to check or update my entries some drop down data does not appear.

I have 6 different dependent drop downfields.  3 of them works really goods, 3 of them do not appear even i save it successefully.

What do you think what i am doing wrong?

2020-05-04 18_26_28-Transport Order Number Creation Application - Saved (Unpublished) - Power Apps.png2020-05-04 18_27_01-EMEA Central Logistics - TransferOrderNumberApplication - All Items.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ogun_ustun ,

Please set the Default property of the Transport Mode Dropdown box to following:

ThisItem.'Transport Mode'

set the Default property of the Carrier Dropdown box to following:

ThisItem.Carrier

set the Default property of the FTL/Container Type Dropdown box to following:

ThisItem.'FTL/Container Type'

Based on the screenshot that you mentioned above, I found that you do not provide a default value for these Dropdown boxes, please try above formula to bind the Default property of the Dropdown box to the corresponding field value in the SP List the Edit form connects to.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ogun_ustun ,

Are these Transport Mode, Carrier, FTL/Container Type all Choice type columns in your SP list?

Could you please show more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the Transport Mode ComboBox, Carrier ComboBox and  FTL/Container Type ComboBox?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the formula you typed within the DefaultSelectedItems property of these cascading ComboBox?

If these Transport Mode, Carrier, FTL/Container Type Dropdown box are all ComboBox, please make sure the DefaultSelectedItems property of the Transport Mode ComboBox to following:

{
   DisplayColumn: ThisItem.'Transport Mode & ...'.Value
}

set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the Carrier ComboBox to following:

{
   DisplayColumn: ThisItem.Carrier.Value
}

set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the  FTL/Container Type ComboBox to following:

{
  DisplayColumn: ThisItem.'FTL/Container Type'.Value
}

Note: The DisplayColumn represents the column you used as display column value within your ComboBox, please replace it with actual column name you used as Display column value in your ComboBoxes.

6.JPG

More details about the DisplayColumn you used in your ComboBox, please check above screenshot.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft 

Transport Mode, Carrier, FTL/Container Type are all single text box.

Formulas as following:

2020-05-05 10_49_26-Microsoft Store.png2020-05-05 10_50_06-Microsoft Store.png2020-05-05 10_50_30-Microsoft Store.pngIt is strange that i did the same for origin company country/destination company country and there is no issue.

If you review and support me i will be glad.

Hi @Ogun_ustun ,

Please set the Default property of the Transport Mode Dropdown box to following:

ThisItem.'Transport Mode'

set the Default property of the Carrier Dropdown box to following:

ThisItem.Carrier

set the Default property of the FTL/Container Type Dropdown box to following:

ThisItem.'FTL/Container Type'

Based on the screenshot that you mentioned above, I found that you do not provide a default value for these Dropdown boxes, please try above formula to bind the Default property of the Dropdown box to the corresponding field value in the SP List the Edit form connects to.

Best regards, 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (73,044)