Department

ROLES

Department (lookup from DEPARTMENTS)

Role

APPROVERS

Department (lookup from DEPARTMENTS)

Role (lookup from ROLES)

Name

I used PowerApps to edit the APPROVERS form, so that Role will be a dependent dropdown from ROLES based on the value from APPROVERS.Department.

With connections to APPROVERS and ROLES, after a lot of fidgeting I found a syntax that the Items field of the dropdown accepts: "Filter(ROLES,Departament.Value=DataCardValue1.Selected.Value)", where DataCardValue1 is the default ComboBox for APPROVERS.Department. This still throws up a warning about large data sets.

My problem now is that using the live form for a new item in APPROVERS, I select a Department, and the Roles dropdown return the correct number of items, but they are all blank. I have attached a screenshot that illustrates the issue, names are in Romanian.

I'm a complete beginner at what I'm trying to do, and I lack the knowledge to even begin to understand why I get a populated, blank dropdown.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate I
Advocate I

After a good night's nightmare, I figured out that my Items formula was missing a direction towards a specific column from the results. I searched thorugh the formulas documentation and ended up with

ShowColumns(Filter(ROLES,Departament.Value=DataCardValue1.Selected.Value),"Title")

This finally makes the dropdown display the correct items. Now I have a different issue of the dropdown not passing the value to the list column, but I'll open a different thread for this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate I
Advocate I

After a good night's nightmare, I figured out that my Items formula was missing a direction towards a specific column from the results. I searched thorugh the formulas documentation and ended up with

ShowColumns(Filter(ROLES,Departament.Value=DataCardValue1.Selected.Value),"Title")

This finally makes the dropdown display the correct items. Now I have a different issue of the dropdown not passing the value to the list column, but I'll open a different thread for this.

View solution in original post

Microsoft
Microsoft

THANK YOU! This saved me so much time as I've been going around in circles trying to figure out why my values were showing blank. 

I've got an epiphany

I had a column named "station" in my sharepoint list, but in reality that column real name was "egwi" i don't know why

i had to user powerquery from powerbi in order to see the column name. hope it helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,988)