cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Deployment issue - Export / Import not working.

Having developed our App and got it working smoothly, the time comes to deploy to live, the Export / Import does not work.

It is rejecting a perfectly sound Flow.

This is the error:

Import failed for one more package resources.

One or more resources didn't import. See the error details to resolve the issues, and try importing again.

One or more resources might have been skipped during the import. See the import details to find out which resources were created, updated or skipped.

Flow save failed with code 'MultipleErrorsOccurred' and message 'The dynamic operation request to API 'sql' operation 'GetProcedure_V2' failed with status code 'BadRequest'. This may indicate invalid input parameters. Error response: { "status": 400, "message": "Invalid connection settings\r\n inner exception: Not a valid data source.\r\nclientRequestId: fa5d2101-01c7-489c-95a2-d2d0105f706c", "error": { "message": "Invalid connection settings\r\n inner exception: Not a valid data source." }, "source": "sql-uks.logic-ase-uksouth.p.azurewebsites.net" };The dynamic operation request to API 'sql' operation 'GetProcedure_V2' failed with status code 'BadRequest'. This may indicate invalid input parameters. Error response: { "status": 400, "message": "Invalid connection settings\r\n inner exception: Not a valid data source.\r\nclientRequestId: fa5d2101-01c7-489c-95a2-d2d0105f706c", "error": { "message": "Invalid connection settings\r\n inner exception: Not a valid data source." }, "source": "sql-uks.logic-ase-uksouth.p.azurewebsites.net" }'.

There is no problem with this flow. I have even recreated it on the new environment and tested it. But, it is part of the solution and the App cannot be imported without it.

All the other Flows following it are rejected too, with the same error message. All the previous flows (in this solution) have imported OK, and use the same connections.

This flow has no parameters, so how can it be a parameter issue?

What am I to do here? Delete and recreate every single flow and rebuild the app again for every single flow?

This makes the whole development / deployment cycle totally unworkable.

There are 42 flows in this solution and it is rejecting 29 of them for no good reason!!!

I  have deleted all 29 flows from the Datasources in the App, and re added evry one of them.

It made no difference whatsoever.

Now what?

I  tried deleting the first offending flow, and recreating it from scratch. Tested it & imported it on it's own.

This import also failed with errors but I was able to then edit the flow & save it.

The problem appears to be that the Server name has changed.

Well you would expect it to. It's a different server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Re: Deployment issue - Export / Import not working.

I have found a workaround that worked. The problem causing the import to fail was the fact that I was selecting a different SQL connector. Obviously,  I am going from DEV to LIVE.

I added a Connector to the DEV SQL Server, and imported it using that. This time the Import worked. Now I just need to edit the flows to point to the Live SQL Server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I have now wasted a whole day on this without making any progress whatsoever.

Is there a better way?

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello!

This issue need further investigation, Please open a case with Microsoft support on https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Thank you

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@pagonzaThanks for the suggestion. You may have hit on something. When I followed the link to raise a support request, the Environment I am trying to import into is not listed. Only 2 Environments are listed and we have 4. Maybe that is the problem.

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I have found a workaround that worked. The problem causing the import to fail was the fact that I was selecting a different SQL connector. Obviously,  I am going from DEV to LIVE.

I added a Connector to the DEV SQL Server, and imported it using that. This time the Import worked. Now I just need to edit the flows to point to the Live SQL Server.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,340)