cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSgUY

Deployment of Leave-Request APP template. Sensitive data FAIL!

Hi, I have installed and edited the leave request app in my personal office365 business folder. I publish the app and share it to a work colleague as USER. He started the app but the Excel record of his session is not created. I think has something to do to the permission of the excel.

I use the Leave Request template version that is connected to an Excel spreadsheet to store all the data of the app.

I don't want to expose the excel to all my work colleagues for confidence reasons. Do I have to?. 

Regards.

11 REPLIES 11

@DSgUY 

Yes, i would go with SharePoint for it as you will not have additional licensing. It's certainly more flexible.

However, keep in mind, unless you devise some method to PowerAutomate moving records from one staging list to a secured list, users will need access to the data.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@Anonymous 

Yes, SharePoint would be a more workable option in this app.  The only other option is to utilize PowerAutomate to move records from a staging area to secure or use it to break security inheritance on records and set item level permissions.

'View Items Created by You' is not an option, because (especially in a Leave app) you want others to view and approve - if they can only see their own items, they'll never see the items from others to approve.

But I still state - this is not a flaw - if you want users to be able to interact with data, they need access to it.  This has always been the case.  Granted, other databases such as SQL allow you to define permissions in such a way that you can maintain security and access.  But PowerApps is not a database application!  So, if you want this level of access in PowerApps, you have to devise your own mechanisms to do so.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,616)